YouTube is, without a doubt, one of the most popular social media platforms that are used by millions of users across the world. It was launched in 2005. YouTube has been through the rigors of time and has proven to be the ideal platform for talented creators who would like to create a large number of followers.
In 2020 YouTube announced the release 2020 of “Shorts” to enable content creators to publish bite-sized videos. The goal was to attract and inspire new audiences flocking to TikTok as their preferred entertainment platform.
This ensures that the channel can properly engage younger viewers. Still, it also generates excitement for existing viewers as they’ve not seen any major update to the features available on the channel, which has been traditionally more welcoming to long-form videos.
We know that you have any questions regarding YouTube Shorts. We’ve addressed a variety of topics, such as
How long could YouTube videos be?
How to make YouTube shorts using your phone?
In this article, we’ll discuss
- How can I upload YouTube shorts from a computer? &
- How can I upload YouTube shorts via Mobile?
- Uploading pre-made videos
- Live recording and uploading
Before we begin to learn how to upload, keep these tips in mind:
- Dimensions of video: The video must be square or vertical.
- Duration of video: It must be between 15 to 60 minutes. Click here to learn how long YouTube Shorts can be.
- Title of the Video Description: The description or title must include a hashtag that includes #Shorts. This will help your Shorts gain a more popular audience and improves the likelihood of your video being included in YouTube suggestions.
How do I upload YouTube Shorts on a computer?
- Are you thinking of a great video idea that you can share as shorts on your computer? Let’s look at how we can do this in only four easy steps:
- Log in
- Upload the YouTube
- Add video details
- Make your video available for publication.
Step 1: Log in
- Log into your YouTube account using your computer. This will open the YouTube channel’s homepage.
Step 2: Upload the video
- Choose the option ‘create’ (video camera button in the top right of the dashboard of your channel)
- If you click this when you click that, you’ll be presented with two choices. Upload the video’ and ‘Go Live.’ From there, select the option to upload videos.
- When you click this, you’ll be taken to the screen to upload videos. Click the “Upload Video” button.
- You can upload your videos by selecting the select files’ button or dropping and dragging your desired file.
Step 3: Add video details
- After the video has been uploaded after uploading, the video editing screen will appear. Input the video’s information to upload the video.
- It is possible to add the title of the Shorts video, along with an explanation. Make sure to include #Shorts in the description and title.
- Scroll down to select the thumbnail for the Shorts video. You can choose one of the provided sets of pictures or upload one directly from your device.
- Then, you’ll be brought to the “video elements” screen, where you must choose the target people who will be watching your Shorts. If the video suits kids, choose “Yes, it’s made for kids.” Otherwise, select “No, it’s not made for kids” and press Next.
- Then you will see the ‘checks screen. This tool from YouTube assists the creators in finding out if the content has any copyrighted content and also if it is in compliance with the advertising guidelines. Select the “Next” or “Next button.”
- After that, you’ll get to the “visibility” screen, the last step in uploading. There, you’ll need to decide if you would like that the uploaded video to be classified as private, not listed, or even public.
- Video privates – The videos can be viewed just by the person you uploaded them to and the people you invite when uploading the video. Invite people to view your private videos through their email addresses. It is not possible to share the video link for personal videos.
- Non-listed videos – These can be viewed by you and anyone who has the link to the video. Instead of private videos, you can send the video link of non-listed videos to others.
- Public – Choose public if you want to show the video to all.
- Here are more details about videos that are private, unlisted, or public video.
- Source: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/157177?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop
Step 4: Create your video
- Once all information is filled in, then the next step is to upload the video using the Publish button.
- If you don’t wish to release the video immediately, You can schedule it by setting the date and the time of publication.
- Here you go! It’s how to upload a YouTube Shorts video from a computer. Once you’ve published your shorts, you can upload them to Facebook and other social networking handles and promote your videos.